Thursday, August 19, 2010

Crab Salad + A Good Friend = A Great Memory

Best Friend Salad
My friend from elementary school drove in from North Carolina this week to visit with family and friends. We always try to squeeze having lunch in a restaurant when she comes to visit, but this time I offered to play hostess. We relish our infrequent visits (typically once or twice a year) so I wanted to keep it simple, seasonal and with very little to do once she arrived. So this morning I whipped together a really simple crab salad. I added finely chopped celery, yellow pepper and onion to a pound of crabmeat, I seasoned with salt, pepper, a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, and enough mayonnaise to moisten and bring it all together. I prepared the yellow pepper halves I planned on using as vessels. So all I had to do was chop tomatoes, grill French bread rounds and assemble our plates with garnishes. We were as happy eating as we
were laughing and catching up!