Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Arugula Salad with Kumato's, Blue Cheese and Toasted Walnuts

In the world of lettuce leaves, one of my favorites is arugula ... aka rocket. Right now my garden is full of these bright green, unusually shaped leaves. I've paired the leaves with a complimenting trio of mini kumato's, blue cheese and toasted walnuts. Mini kumato's are sweet, red-brown grape tomatoes. This awesome tasting salad has a lot going on, great crunch, fabulous flavor with beautiful autumn colors! I toss it with my all-purpose vinaigrette salad dressing, (click on Cold Garden Greenery below, posting title, Garden Variety) a delicious combination of olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.

To assemble salad, toss generous handfuls of arugula with kumato's, blue cheese and toasted walnuts.

Mini kumato's can be found in the produce section of most grocery stores.