Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tri-Color Roasted Tomato Pizza





I love what roasting tomatoes does to a tomatoes flavor ... so rich and robust. I also like the rustic look roasting gives, especially this time of year, it reminds me of Autumn leaves. Roast any combination of colors for a beautiful presentation.

Once the tomatoes were roasted I placed them on homemade pizza shells (good quality store bought works as well) and topped them with basil, fresh mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.

The pizzas were brimming with rich, roasted tomato flavor.

Here's the ridiculously simple recipe for preparing oven roasted tomatoes.

4 medium tomatoes, sliced (I slice into thirds)

Olive oil

Coarse salt

Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange tomatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Roast tomatoes for 45 minutes or until slightly blackened.