Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine's Day Love


We're celebrating Valentine's Day a couple of times this year. Today we are headed to Virginia to spend the remainder of the weekend in a log cabin on top of a mountain. So last night we celebrated Valentine's Day at home fireside. While dinner was cooking, (what we're doing for dinner on the 14th is a surprise) we sipped Kir Royale’s, champagne with a splash of Crème de Cassis from long stemmed champagne glasses. I couldn't wait until the 14th to open my card ... inside the handmade Valentine card here is the message Nick wrote ...


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

To my wonderful wife

who is the love of my life

who in every way makes my day

I love you so much

all I want to do is touch

so on February 14th when we sit down to dine

I want you to be my Valentine

Isle of view, isle of view, isle of view

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Valentine's Dinner Menu

Lemon Dressed Lobster Tails
Arugula Leaves with Hearts of Palm/Tangerine Dressing
Buttery Mushroom Bread Pudding

While we were eating we swirled Matrot Bourgogne in our Riedel stemware and reminisced about the 29 wonderful Valentine dinners we’ve enjoyed together. For dessert we fed each other pieces of angel food cake dipped in chocolate fondue. Our Valentine’s dinner at home was simple, delicious and romantic!

The LOVE letters (pictured) are made from naturally colored sugar crystals. Beet powder turns them into magenta red and pink. They're called Joby & Marty's Amazing! All Natural Colored Sugar and can be found at Whole Foods Market.