There are tried and true crowd-pleasing standards that most of us often serve like deviled eggs, egg salad and french toast. There are haute egg dishes like, eggs Benedict and Huevos rancheros. Burritos filled with eggs, fritata's, egg casseroles, omelet's, soufflés and a variety of quiche are popular egg dishes and can be enjoyed any time. Aside from these sophisticated dishes (even if you don't prepare them!), eggs can be added to so many different foods.
Here are some fun, interesting and tasty ways to add variety and zest to your next meal using eggs. The fourteenth suggestion is my all-time favorite, simple, humble and delicious.
- Top sauteed mushrooms and grilled eggplant with a soft cooked egg.
- Add a fried egg to a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich.
- Top grilled polenta slices with fresh wilted spinach. Place a poached egg on top and spoon salsa verde over the combination.
- Add shaved ham, fried green tomatoes and scrambled eggs to grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Place drippy egg over crispy cooked hash browns and top with Srirscha.
- Add a warm poached egg to a leafy green salad.
- Dot the landscape of your next pizza with a few fried eggs.
- Add chopped hard-boiled eggs to tuna salad.
- Top flat bread with caramelized onions, cheese, slices of flatiron steak strips, a soft cooked egg and arugula.
- Add hard-boiled eggs to tossed salads, not just Cobb and traditional spinach salad but any leafy green and raw vegetable salads.
- To add a depth of flavor and to thicken soup, whisk the yolk of hard-boiled eggs into the broth. Chop the white part and add to the soup.
- Make a chunky tomato based sauce, add raw egg, cover and cook until desired doneness. Spoon over couscous.
- Top toasted pumpernickel with mashed avocado and drippy egg and top with black bean and corn salsa.
- Place poached eggs in a glass and add a slice of pulled apart toasted and buttered bread, season with salt and pepper.
What's your favorite way to eat eggs?