It's easier to grate the lime zest before you juice the limes. There are so many pretzel choices, I found pretzel rods crushed perfectly.
1½ cups pretzels, crushed (15 rods)
¼ cup sugar
1 stick (½ cup) butter, melted
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed pretzels with sugar. Add melted butter and stir until well combined.
One (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
⅓ cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons Triple Sec
2 tablespoons Tequila
2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- In a large bowl, whisk condensed milk with lime juice, Triple Sec, Tequila, and lime zest. Fold in whipped cream.
- Transfer to a container with a tight fitting lid. Freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Just prior to serving, divide margarita mixture among 6 martini glasses. Top with buttery pretzel mixture.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.