1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup quick cooking oatmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
½ cup neutral oil
2 teaspoons lemon extract
2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly oil a 6-cup capacity muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, whole wheat flour, oatmeal, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg with milk, oil and lemon extract.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk mixture. Combine with a few swift strokes.
- In a small bowl, mash 1 cup of the blueberries. Add the mashed berries and the remaining blueberries to the batter. Stir gently until combined. Divide batter among the 6 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool for about 5 minutes. Gently remove muffins and place inverted on a plate. Top with butter.