Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Huevos Rancheros

Birthday Huevos Rancheros
Despite ongoing record high temperatures, Mr. Fabulous made one of my all time favorites for my birthday breakfast. Here's what he did. In a large skillet he warmed corn tortillas in olive oil, topped tortillas with spicy enchilada sauce, and a perfectly cooked poached egg (instead of the customary fried egg) black beans, chunks of fresh red and orange tomatoes, sliced avocado, another spoonful of enchilada sauce and a beautiful basil garnish. Nick's rendition of Huevos Rancheros was so colorful and delicious! Thank you Nick for making my birthday breakfast so special, I love when you cook for me!

Inside my birthday card Nick wrote:

I love you as much as all the trees that have ever grown...
I love you as much as all the stars that have ever shown...
I love you as much as all the grains of sand on every beach...
I love you as much as my outstretched arms will reach...

Isle of View, Isle of View, Isle of View
Happy Birthday to the love of my life