Saturday, July 24, 2010

This Week's Comfort Food - BLT

This is the time of year I dream about throughout the calendar year - the tomato season! At last, it's upon us. And thankfully, it's not one of those fruits or vegetables that doesn't last very long like the cherry season. I can think of a gazillion ways to eat and prepare tomatoes and a BLT is just one of those ways. A BLT may sound simple and it is, but it requires really good quality, farm fresh, garden fresh ingredients. I'm just back from the Farmer's Market and brimming with such ingredients including lots of tomatoes. For lunch, (if I can wait until then) I'll be assembling bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches for Mr. Fabulous and I ... crisp slices of Nimon Ranch http://www.nimonranch.com/ bacon will top thick slices of perfectly ripe fire engine red tomatoes with crisp romaine lettuce leaves on Ciabatta bread that's been slathered with mayonnaise. Honestly, could comfort food be better defined? I'm off to sink my teeth into my first BLT of the season!