½ cup butter (1 stick) softened
⅔ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup (4 ounces) light cream cheese, softened
⅓ cup sugar
¼ cup sour cream
4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
1 cup sour cream
¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, cream butter with sugar. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until smooth.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and beat until smooth. Spread cake batter into a lightly oiled 9-inch round baking pan. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and egg until well combined. Spoon filling evenly over cake batter. Bake for 30 minutes or until light brown.
5. While the cake is baking, assemble the topping. In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream and brown sugar until well blended.
6. Spread sour cream mixture evenly over the top of the cake. Top with peaches. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any unused portion.