Friday, August 14, 2015

Summer's Garden Jewel

Simple. Sublime. Summer.
I dream about this time of year when it isn't this time of year! And it's mostly due to the summer tomato season. They take over the landscape of our vegetable garden just like they take over the major portion of our plates. I drool for bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches, can't wait to make my recipe for tomato pie and salivate for juicy slices smothered with homemade mayonnaise and topped with garden-fresh basil leaves. I love to eat them raw, roasted, fried, and can't wait to turn them into sauce and savory, sweet jam. Every day for the duration of their growing season, I eat a tomato in some manner, naked or embellished. I love them so much I'm writing a cookbook all about tomatoes! I'd love to know what your doing with this seasons most popular summer fruit. Enter our Call for recipes! and send us your favorite recipe using tomatoes.