Friday, August 21, 2015

Kernels of Truth

Summer Corn Pancakes
Nothing says August like sweet, juicy corn. Cornbread, corn salad, corn fritters, corn pudding, corn pancakes, creamed corn and the almighty corn on the cob make it the most versatile ingredient of summer. When corn is at the height of its season, I get massive amounts from the corn farmer so that our family can enjoy and share summer corn all winter long. I cook the cobs in batches and remove the kernels and freeze measured amounts. I'm so grateful come winter!

Right now I'm adding those delicious fresh kernels to my popular recipe for summer corn pancakes. I generously top them with butter and maple syrup and serve them with crispy bacon and fried green tomatoes. This recipe along with many other recipes -- that utilizes the seasons bounty -- is in my newest cookbook, This Book Cooks a Mom's Choice award winner!