No Boil Vegetable Lasagna
In my rendition of vegetable lasagna, raw moisture-rich shredded carrots and cooked spinach are added for their fiber content and nutrients, as well as for color. Because this lasagna has no prior cooking requirements, this dish can be assembled in less than 30 minutes.
15 ounces ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded carrots
10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, drained and squeezed dried
½ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2½ cups tomato sauce
6 pieces no-boil (also called oven ready) lasagna noodles
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, carrots, spinach, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup tomato sauce in the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Place 2 uncooked noodles over the sauce, side by side. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over noodles. Evenly distribute half of the mozzarella cheese over ricotta mixture. Top mozzarella with two lasagna noodles, spoon 1 cup sauce over noodles, spread remaining ricotta mixture over sauce.
- Place remaining two noodles over ricotta, spread a thin layer of remaining tomato sauce over noodles, top with remaining mozzarella and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove cover, set oven temperature to broil, and lightly brown the top. Allow the lasagna to cool for about 15 minutes before serving.